2011-2014: North American Creative Director- SPARK44
Founding partner of a unique start-up devoted exclusively to the re-branding and launching of new models for
Jaguar Cars. In this role, I worked closely with our three offices in London, Frankfurt and Shanghai.
- Managed an expandable department of between 6 and 12 creatives, working with 10 project
managers and an overseas department.
- Worked with other offices on all new conceptual pitches, orchestrating the work of those offices
and insuring cultural relevance.
- Team member responsible for all new hires in the start-up; creative, account, digital and social.
- Created online video that garnered over 2.5 million YouTube views in less than three weeks, and
worked with global teams to create the Super Bowl Villains commercial.
2008-2011: VP and Executive Creative Director- Fraser Communications
Worked with Renee Fraser to help build the agency and expanded its client base beyond social marketing
and government contracts into the private sector.
- Supervised a department of approximately 15 creatives and production staff.
- Pitched and won clients including Business Wire, MarketSmith, Nevada State Bank, DWP, Metropolitan
Water District, Whole Foods Markets, and St. John’s with an approximate 65% win rate for new business.
- Created and directed First Five effort that was awarded 2011 IAC Best Government Rich Media Campaign.
2000-2008: Partner- Lazaroff/Dundore LLC
Started my own agency with former client Tom Lazaroff, specializing in nascent ERP, CRM, SECURITY, and
ECOMMECE software industry.
- Evolved continuing relationship with NetSuite, survived four CMO’s, and created new online and print
communications and corporate videos.
- Developed branding exercises for new and start-up companies.
1995-2000: VP and Chief Creative Officer and Partner- Asher&Partners Advertising.
- Managed and directed a department of approximately 25 people: writers, art directors, producers,
production and studio. Grew the agency by over 50% with several new client wins.
- Won accounts NetSuite, SunAmerica (CEO EIi Broad), Oregon and Washington State Anti-Tobacco,
LEGOLAND, PayMyBills, New York New York Hotel and Casino, Acapulco Restaurants, and more.
- Chief Strategist of the asher i group as we tried to make sense of the burgeoning and,
at that time, daunting dotcom fever.
1990-1995: VP and Co-Creative Director- Cohen Johnson.
Jointly responsible, with Howie Cohen, for the supervision and direction of a 20 person department of
art directors, writers, producers, and studio.
- Won and worked on: Jack in the Box, Balley’s Fitness, Hills Bros Coffee, Nestle,
Mervyn’s, and other new business opportunities.
- Roanoke College, School of Visual Arts, Writers Boot Camp.
- Taught a semester at Art Center Pasadena.
- NEW YORK EXPERIENCE: McCann Erickson, BBDO, Ogilvy Mather.
- AWARDS INCLUDE: Clios, One Show, Cannes Gold/Bronze Lions, O’Toole
- Awards, Mobius, Beldings, Andy’s, London International Advertising Awards,
- THINK LA’s 2011 Digital Agency of the Year for Fraser Communications.